Through a selection of advanced electives from Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Information Systems and Decision Science programs, students will have the opportunity to explore areas of special interest in depth.Students in the program will interact with their instructors and will be offered timely guidance and advice about the program’s requirements and their career alternatives. Faculty are readily available for students, and will also interact extensively with them by e-mail and/or other electronic communication media on the Internet.
The curriculum of this Master in Computer Science program at Virginia State University combines technical requirements with general education requirements and electives to prepare students for a professional career in the computer science field, for further study in computer science, and for functioning in modern society. The technical requirements include up-to-date coverage of basic and advanced topics in computer science as well as an emphasis on science and mathematics.
In addition to high school graduates satisfying the admission criteria, the Department of Engineering and Computer Science welcomes community college graduates and transfer students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Science Elective
- Data Structures
- Discrete Math for Computer Science
- Web Programming
- Database Systems
- Operating Systems
- Software Design & Development
- Technical Communications
- Programming Languages
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 967 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- A completed application
- Completed International Applicant SupplementPDF download
- Official or certified copies of all academic records in Native Language to include examinations from the examinations councils (copies will not be accepted).
- Translated academic records/ transcripts, originals only, copies not accepted (We recommend World Education Services)
- Official SAT or ACT scores sent directly from test agency.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English speakers.
- Two letters of recommendationPDF download – Freshmen only (one must be from your Guidance Counselor).
- Personal Statement or essay on your Future Aspirations
- Proof of Immunization
International18627 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18627 USD per year during 24 months.
National18627 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18627 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8375 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.