The program's nationally-recognized professors will leverage their combined 70 years in the Social Work field to provide you with context through real-world examples, theoretical applications, case studies, and field experiences.
Designed With You in Mind
The Social Work program at Tarleton State University will prepare you with the knowledge, self-awareness, and experience you need to thrive in the field of Social Work. Designed for working adults, all coursework is offered in the evening, online, or hybrid courses. Our program faculty are passionate about social work and all related subject matter; as such, they love to share that passion with students.
Graduates of the MSW program will be able to:
- Identify as a professional social worker and conduct oneself accordingly,
- Apply social work ethical principles to guide professional practice,
- Apply critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgments,
- Engage diversity and difference in practice,
- Advance human rights, and social and economic justice,
- Engage in research-informed practice and practice-informed research,
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment,
- Engage in policy practice to advance social and economic well-being, and to deliver effective social work service
- Respond to contexts that shape practice, and
- Engage, assess, intervene, and evaluate with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
Alumni of our program are qualified to be employed in a variety of settings, including both public and private programs such as:
- Medical Social Worker
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Family Counselor
- Child Welfare Case Worker
- School Social Worker
- Clinical Mental Health Social Worker
- Community Agency Leadership Coordinator
- Community Organization Integrative Seminar
- Foundations of Community & Organization Practice
- Social Policy & Policy Analysis
- Service Learning
- Social Justice & Disparities
- Community Organization Field Placement
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- March 1: priority deadline
- 30 credits (B.S.W. with Advanced Standing)
- 60 credits (Foundation)
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 610 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Submit online graduate admissions application
- 3 references
- Pay a $50 non-refundable processing fee
- Submit a statement of purpose of 600 words or less
- A transcript evaluation must be completed by an approved agency which includes all previous academic course work, as well as a complete description of courses and overall GPA (course-by-course evaluation)
- International applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores as a part of the application process
- Required of students studying on-campus, in the U.S. only: To obtain a Form I-20 for your studies at Tarleton, you must demonstrate that you have sufficient funding
- If you choose to stay in one of our Residence Halls, fill out the Housing Application
- Medical Information
International14829 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14829 USD per year during 8 months.
National14829 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14829 USD per year during 8 months.
In-State7467 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7467 USD per year during 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.