Whether you work in a lab or an office, if you want to be successful in this industry, it is critical that you have a thorough understanding of the scientific disciplines required for the discovery, development, and evaluation of new drugs.
The M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is a 33 credit, 24 month degree program that provides foundational coursework in the areas of pharmacology, physiology, medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutics, toxicology, and pharmacokinetics.
Learning outcomesEach student in the program must choose between one of two tracks – Pharmacology (how the drug works) or Pharmaceutics (does the drug go to the right place). Both tracks offer thesis and non-thesis options.In Albany, research strengths include drug delivery, drug discovery, bioanalytical technologies, cell signaling, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and neuroscience. Students also have access to the College’s Pharmaceutical Research Institute (PRI) which is based in nearby Rensselaer and whose work explores the application of nanotechnology in the areas of drug design and delivery.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Pharmacological Regulation of Signal Transduction
- Drug Delivery Principles
- Ethics in Research
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Journal Club
- Experimental Design and Data Analysis
- Systems Pharmacology: Neural Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacy Health Sciences View 205 other Masters in Pharmacy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Pharm.D., B.A., or B.S. degree appropriate to area of intended study; degree must be earned prior to graduate enrollment and should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A fully completed and officially submitted PharmGrad application
- Official GRE scores that are less than five (5) years old are required of all applicants (current ACPHS students who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher are exempt from the GRE requirement).
International23017 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1395 USD per credit during 24 months.
National23017 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1395 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.