What to expect from studying this Computer Science program
This Computer Sciences program from The University of Alabama at Birmingham is open to students with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, such as engineering. There are computer science and math prerequisites necessary for this degree. Once they're done, you'll have 30 hours of coursework to do, which can be finished in 18 months if you're in school full time. You'll take classes such as Database Systems, Network Security, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning.
We'll also ask you to choose between two plan options, depending on what your goals are for your future. If you want to do research, continue your graduate studies, or pursue a professional program, you should pick Plan I (thesis option). For those interested in transitioning to the computer science field, Plan II (non-thesis option) is better. Your coursework here will include specializations in bioinformatics, computer graphics, and distributed computing.
- The job growth rate for computer and information research scientists is at 19 percent—much faster than average (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Master's Thesis Research
- Database Application Development
- Database Systems
- Advanced Algorithms and Applications
- Machine Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Machine Learning View 1103 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- GPA (grade point average): 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale); preferably higher in computer science courses. There is no need for international students to translate their grades to the 4.0 scale.
- Study Plan: a clear statement of study plan, including specific graduate study objectives, and
- Academic Background: a strong academic background in computer science and mathematics, including certain prerequisites.
- Proof of Class Ranking: this information is optional but strongly recommended.
International35610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1187 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1109 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State14040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 468 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.