Develop your passion for serving students through the challenging coursework and practical experiences incorporated in the graduate-level School Counseling program. Pennsylvania certifications in school counseling have moved away from separate categories of “Elementary School Counselor” and “Secondary School Counselor” and toward a unified certification of “PK-12 School Counselor." Millersville University offers 36-, 48- and 60-credit School Counseling programs with the option for Pennsylvania Department of Education certification.
This graduate-level course of study provides candidates with a multidisciplinary approach to school counseling through careful examination of knowledge bases and research in the fields of education, psychology and counseling. This program emphasizes the combined use of soft skills, such as relationship formation and maintenance, and hard skills, such as data-based decision making and evidence-based practices, in preparing school counselors as agents of change. Graduates of this comprehensive program of study will be prepared to work in an educational health setting or pursue an advanced doctoral study.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Study of the Individual
- Counseling Theory and Practice I
- Group Procedures in Counseling
- Ethics and Law in School Counseling
Students of the graduate-level School Counseling program will learn to approach the field from the research and knowledge perspectives of education, psychology and counseling. Coursework explores educational foundations, child development, counseling theories, classroom intervention and more. Students will also complete a semester-long, 100-hour field experience at a practicum site.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCounselling View 897 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- The School Counseling program does have distinct application deadlines for admittance to the spring and fall semesters, and these can also be found in the Graduate Catalog.
- After the school counseling faculty reviews the completed applications, the applicants may then be invited to an admission interview.
- This interview has two components: a group component and an individual component.
- Following the interview, accepted applicants will receive a letter inviting them to enter graduate studies.
International774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State516 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 516 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.