Degree options include:
initial certification (45 credits) if you have a bachelor’s degree with the appropriate coursework and passing score on the Academic Literacy Skills Test of the New York State Teacher Certification Examination
professional certification (36 credits) if you have a bachelor’s degree and hold initial certification in another area of teaching
internship certification after completing the first 18 credits—this permits you to begin teaching while completing your their degree
bilingual extension option if you are already certified to teach in New York State and wish to teach English Language Learners (upon successful completion of the Bilingual Education Assessment and course requirements for this extension, you’ll receive certification in this field)
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations I: Philosophy and Technology of Education
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Foundations II: Diversity, Learning, and Technology in Education
- Institute in Education: Art Integration to Deepen Interdisciplinary Learning (Transforming STEM to STEAM)
- Theory and Practice of Literacy Instruction
- Diagnosis and Remediation of Literacy Disorders
- English Language Arts and Technology
- Social Studies and Technology
- Math, Science, and Technology I
- Math, Science, and Technology II
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Early Childhood Education View 206 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- B.S. degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university with a major or its equivalent
- Completed required general education core required for early childhood education certification by successfully taking college level courses in the following courses. Otherwise qualified candidates may be admitted to the program and make up deficits in general education in up to two areas.
- English (six credits)
- Social studies (six credits)
- Science (six credits)
- Math (six credits)
- A language other than English (six credits)
- Form of creative expression (three credits)
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
International23130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23130 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National23130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23130 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.