Mathematics from Idaho State University prepares the student for further study at the doctoral level or for an industrial or academic career.
Graduates with Mathematics from Idaho State University will:
- develop a broad knowledge of mathematics and a degree of competence in one field within mathematics.
- find employment in teaching or industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Survey of Combinatorics and Graph Theory
- Combinatorics and Graph Theory
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Advanced Linear Algebra
- Modern Algebra
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Real Analysis
- Elementary Analysis
- Vector Analysis
- Numerical Analysis
- Modern Geometry
- Differential Equations
- Complex Variables
- Directed Reading and Problems
- Mathematical Statistics
- Partial Differential Equations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 379 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- completion of a bachelor's degree with strong mathematical component before the start of the initial enrollment;
- at least 3.0 grade point average (GPA) out of 4.0 in upper-division undergraduate course work in mathematics;
- at least 50th percentile on the quantitative reasoning section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test; and
- completion of the course work in modern algebra, differential equations, and analysis courses beyond the calculus sequence.
- submit a letter addressing the applicant's reasons for pursuing the M.S. degree in Mathematics directly to the Idaho State University Graduate School;
- arrange for at least three confidential letters of recommendation, to be submitted directly to the Idaho State University Graduate School, and addressing the applicant's background and potential for success in the study of advanced mathematics.
- English proficiency score
- Names and contact information of recommenders
- Application fee
International26547 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26547 USD per year during 24 months.
National26547 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26547 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State9925 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9925 USD per year during 24 months.
Summer tuition: $504.97 per credit hour
Living costs for Idaho Falls
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.