This program prepares the student for advanced placement in the civil engineering field in industry, research, or development areas. Additionally, this program provides a suitable base for entrance into a doctoral program in a field related to civil engineering. The program is offered both at the Pocatello and the Idaho Falls campuses, primarily through the use of telecommunications/distance learning, which includes partial in-class instruction.Goals
- Enhance the knowledge of graduates in the advanced concepts in civil engineering fields such as structures, mechanics, finite element methods, geotechnics, and water resources.
- Increase the ability of graduates to synthesize and apply these advanced concepts to develop realistic designs in fields related to civil engineering and to solve identified problems, and design strategies for implementing them safely, ethically, and effectively.
- Enhance the ability of graduates to effectively communicate these concepts both in oral and written formats.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Green and Sustainable Engineering
- Open Channel Flow
- Water Resources
- Advanced Mechanics of Solids
- Geotechnical Design
- Hydraulic Design
- Transportation Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory
- Basic Engineering Geology
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 364 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- A baccalaureate degree or higher from a college or university regionally accredited in the United States or its equivalent from a school in another country.
- In instances where a standardized test is required, official GRE (Graduate Record Examination)/MAT (Miller Analogies Test)/GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) score reports are required.
- Recommendation for admission by the department, division or college offering the desired degree program. Please see individual department sections of this catalog for additional requirements.
- Approval for admission by the Dean of the Graduate School.
International23704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23704 USD per year and a duration of .
National8928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8928 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.