Our mission is to apply anthropological concepts to the resolution of important social, cultural, and environmental problems of our times. The Department of Anthropology offers graduate students the Master of Arts (M.A.) or Master of Science (M.S.) degrees with specialization in applied anthropology, archaeological science, ecological anthropology, forensics, language preservation, medical anthropology, and oral history.
Students who have completed a graduate degree in Anthropology at Idaho State University should be able to:
1. Read and understand anthropological theories and methods at a professional level.
2. Understand current debates within the field and critically evaluate the professional literature.
3. Use a comparative approach to theorize about the similarities and differences in the human condition across space and through time.
4. Design and carry out research and application of methods and theories at a professional level.
More informationVisit official programme website
- History and Theory of Sociocultural Anthropology
- Ecological Anthropology
- Method and Theory in Archaeology
- Material Culture Analysis
- Analytical Techniques Laboratory
- American Indian Health Issues
- Introduction to Medical Anthropology
- Special Topics in Medical Anthropology
- Clinical Medical Anthropology
- Introduction to Cultural Resources Management
- Old World Archaeology
- New World Archaeology
- Ethnomedicine of Latin America
- Human Origins and Diversity
- Human Osteology
- Survey of Living Primates
- Survey of Fossil Primates
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology View 165 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
1. A letter of application, including areas of interest and professional goals;
2. Three letters of recommendation;
3. Undergraduate transcripts and transcripts of any previous post-graduate coursework;
4. Minimum grade point average of 3.0;
5. Total GRE scores that average at least the 50th percentile for admission;
6. An undergraduate degree in anthropology is not required for acceptance into the program;
International23704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23704 USD per year and a duration of .
National8928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8928 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.