The City University of New York students expand their knowledge and skills in the theory, research and practice of educational leadership with a curricula focus on organizational development, building learning communities, models of supervision, educational policy, team building, staff development, and the critical analysis and application of educational research as applied to instructional leadership.
All Educational Leadership program students are expected to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to obtain the commitment of other individuals in their school community to the philosophy, vision, mission, and values of the school. The pedagogical strategies employed by the program faculty to achieve the program outcomes include case study analysis, problem-based learning activities, simulations, action research and structured opportunities for reflection.
Programs in Educational Leadership are designed to develop educational leaders and change agents who will accept roles as reflective and effective scholar-practitioners.
More informationVisit official programme website
- School-Community Building
- Instructional Leadership
- School Management
- School Law
- Dynamics of Educational Organizations
- Moral Dimensions of Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1506 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- A Master's Degree with a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average.
- State certification as a teacher, guidance counselor, school psychologist, school social worker or other appropriate certification.
- Three years of teaching or relevant educational work experience including the ability to fulfill leadership roles.
- Three completed School of Education recommendation forms.
- Satisfactory completion of an interview and on-site essay.
- Submission of official transcripts.
- Evidence of strong potential for professional work in administration.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.