The Early Childhood Education programs at The City University of New York emphasize deep knowledge of human development, learning processes, instructional strategies, and subject matter. All courses utilize technology and focus on how teaching, learning, and assessment connect. Special attention is given to how issues of diversity – of culture, language, family, and learning styles – can best be used to positively impact schools and schooling in urban settings.
Program faculty are scholars and practitioners, researchers and teachers who are dedicated to continually expanding their knowledge of teaching and learning. They work closely with educators in the public schools of New York City to provide rich fieldwork and student teaching experiences that enable program participants to combine educational theory with practice.
The programs lead to New York State certification as a teacher of 0 - 8 year olds.
Respect for Diversity
- Professional Accountability
More informationVisit official programme website
- Family, Child and School
- Language and Literacy Development in Early Childhood
- Developmental Issues in Early Childhood Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3529 other Masters in Education in United States
- Three letters of reference
- Official transcripts from the community college(s) (if applicable) and the college(s) where you earned your bachelor's degree.
- An official transcript for any graduate courses you would like approval for transfer into the CCNY graduate program (up to 6 credits can be transferred).
- A copy of your New York State initial certification if you wish to be admitted to the professional certification program.
- GPA of 3.0
- Submission of scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.