The Digital Education (Online Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh is delivered fully online and is designed as a part-time programme, with the majority of participants studying over a period of 3-4 years.
The programme is distinctive for its innovative design, its breadth of scope, the high level of support provided to students and its basis in the research activity of the Centre for Research in Digital Education.
The skills and knowledge this programme provides will enable you to expand your existing career in education into the fast-moving and richly diverse field of digital education.
The research skills you gain in the MSc programme will equip you for further study and possibly an academic career if you choose.
You will also graduate with a toolkit of transferable skills, such as communication and project management, that can be applied to any career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- An Introduction to Digital Environments for Learning (compulsory for all students)
- Research Methods (compulsory for those studying for the MSc)
Option courses may include:
- Digital Futures for Learning
- Education and Digital Culture
- Digital Education: Strategy & Policy
- Digital Education in Global Context
- Course Design for Digital Environments
- Introduction to Digital Game-Based Learning
- Assessment, Learning and Digital Education
- Understanding Learning in the Online Environment
- Learning Analytics: Process and Theory
- Wider Themes in Digital Education
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply at least one month prior to entry so that we have enough time to process your application.
- No Attendance
DisciplinesEducation View 150 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a relevant discipline. You should demonstrate a professional interest in the programme.
- We may also consider your application if you have relevant employment or experience; please contact us to check before you apply.
International685 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 685 GBP per module and a duration of 72 months.
EU/EEA685 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 685 GBP per module and a duration of 72 months.
- MSc PT intermittent: 10 credits £685; 20 credits £1,370; 40 cr £2,735; 60 cr £4,100
- PgDip, PgCert PT intermittent: 10 credits £685; 20 cr £1,370; 40 cr £2,735
- Online Learning Scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.