As a student on the MA/MFA Creative Producing programme at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, you will:
- Real-world creative producing opportunities to develop knowledge and skills
- Networking through placements with leading theatre and arts organisations, masterclasses and industry mentors
- Student-led collaboration with writers, actors and designers on other Central MA/MFA courses
What is a Creative Producer?The entrepreneurially skilled and culturally literate producer works in dialogue with artists to create performances and festivals, run venues and companies, manage projects, raise funds and investment, and negotiate commissions.Central graduates have become successful producers, among them Sir Cameron Mackintosh, a name synonymous with Britain’s global pre-eminence in musical theatre, and David Jubb, whose pioneering work at Battersea Arts Centre characterises the vibrancy and originality of London’s contemporary fringe, or ‘off West End’ scene.
More informationVisit official programme website
On the MA and MFA, you will engage with the same core subject matter. In the first year of the MFA, you will join MA colleagues for most of the year, undertaking professional creative producing projects to develop your understanding of:
- publicity, marketing and fundraising
- business modelling and innovation
- authentic leadership and effective teamwork
- audience development and engagement
- theatre production and tour management
- festival curation and organisation.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no formal closing date for direct applications
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 173 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- bring images of a non-theatre space that you could imagine staging your take on the production;
- decide upon one UK venue and one international venue of your choice.
- a portfolio presentation of about three minutes concentrating mainly on one example of your previous work;
- influences on your practice, both artistic and entrepreneurial;
- you may also bring with you an edited portfolio of your previous work, for discussion, where you feel this is appropriate.
International18395 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18395 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9027 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9027 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.