Harvard University offers a Graduate Certificate in Philosophy and Ethics.
Through this liberal arts graduate certificate, you will challenge your own point of view and gain a deeper understanding of philosophy and ethics through relevant works in the arts, sciences, and culture across historical eras.
Explore questions of human existence and knowledge, truth, ethics, and the nature and meaning of life through some of history’s greatest thinkers.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Enhanced ability to formulate and ask questions, engage in constructive conversation, and develop arguments.
- Understanding of the inquiries that occur in ethical debate, research, academic writing, and thinking.
- Knowledge of philosophical ideas and application to real-life issues, such as medical ethics, the environment, and science
Earning the certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The liberal arts graduate in Philosophy and Ethics certificate requires four courses.Courses Include:
- Power and Responsibility: Doing Philosophy with Superheroes
- Utopia and Dystopia in Fiction and Philosophy
- Existentialism: Existence and Anxiety
- Philosophical Foundations for Economic Justice
- Economic Justice
- Life, Desire, and Thought
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 298 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
International7733 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11600 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National7733 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11600 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
- the average cost
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.