If you’re curious about how data informs everyday marketing techniques and want to learn how to become a marketing analyst, then this Marketing Analytics MSc course offered by the University of Southampton is the course for you. We incorporate new and relevant industry-specific topics which are only covered by a small number of marketing analytics courses in the UK, topics include social media data analysis and text mining.
MSc Marketing Analytics is aimed at those who have:
- an undergraduate degree in marketing and a good understanding of quantitative studies or
- marketing work experience looking to specialise within an analytics role
We’re the first university in the UK to offer a marketing analytics master's. We collaborate with leading practitioners from the industry who inform the curriculum using best-practice marketing techniques and the latest research.
You'll learn how to:
- integrate and use marketing channels within different markets or sectors
- interpret and manage large datasets to make evidence-based decisions
- use online analytics to analyse how consumer choices are influenced by social media
- incorporate different marketing frameworks and behaviour models to create an analytical tool
- use industry-standard data analysis software
- learn from traditional churn modelling models to offer customer incentives to enhance business profitability
We are a world-leading university which integrates current marketing research with practical expertise in the best of digital marketing and data analytics. Our reputation has attracted students from around the world and expert teaching staff who are also leading researchers within the industry.
We offer an international and inclusive learning experience which welcomes students from around the world. During your studies you’ll understand different perspectives from different cultures and countries which will teach you to be versatile in your approach to digital marketing analytics.
There is a growing demand for big data analysts who can provide specialist support for marketing decision-makers. Former graduates have gone onto work for BMW in China, Starbucks in Taiwan and Yoyo Wallet, a mobile payment system company based in London.
You’ll be prepared for roles such as:
- marketing analyst
- market research analyst
- digital insight analyst
- decision support consultant
- data scientist
- data analyst
- data specialist
- customer relationship management (CRM) analyst
- credit risk analyst
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Building Customer Insight
- Data Analytics
- Text Mining and social Network Analytics
- Consultancy Skills
- Luxury Marketing
- Strategic Brand Management
- Web Analytics
- Revenue Management
- Digital Marketing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMarketing Business Intelligence & Analytics Digital Marketing View 312 other Masters in Digital Marketing in United Kingdom
You'll need a 2:1 degree in marketing.
You can also apply if you studied a degree with quantitative training, such as:
- computer sciences
International25000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU and international students pay £25,000.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.