Why to study
The Health Sciences MSc strengthens at the University of Northern British Columbia, students capacity to progress their research interests and equips a new generation of researchers to understand and respond to contemporary health challenges, especially those faced by northern, rural, remote and Indigenous communities. The interdisciplinary program provides opportunities for those interested in health within a changing health system to explore and research and to benefit from the diverse health research strengths in the School of Health Sciences and across UNBC.
Students pursue health research approaches that fit with their interests, learning from a range of research expertise spanning but not limited to biomedical, epidemiological, community health and ecohealth approaches. Our students also benefit from active research partnerships across and beyond the university that create opportunities for applied and community-oriented research, with direct experience working with and learning from a range of community partners.
The research-based Masters degree equips students for a thriving career in health research (including applications for PhD programs), and is well suited for established health professionals seeking a researchoriented program that will build on existing practice and skills.
- Professional Ethics in Health Care Management
- Health Economics
- Advanced Medical Geography
- Organization and Financing of Canadian Health Care
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 125 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
- Application form for admission to Graduate Programs.
- Application fee.
- Three assessment reports (letters of reference) sent directly to UNBC from the referees.
- Official transcripts (one copy) from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Statement of Academic Interests (letter of intent).
- Official English Language Test Scores (required for applicants whose first language is NOT English) sent directly to UNBC from the testing agencies.
International3362 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1681 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National3362 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1681 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.