Our M.A. in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education at Rowan University offers the unique opportunity for students who have undergraduate degrees in mathematics, engineering, or the sciences to pursue an initial New Jersey teaching certificate in mathematics and/or the sciences and a Master's degree simultaneously.
We prepare our students for successful careers as highly-skilled teachers in one of our concentrations - mathematics or science.
This 13-month program includes an early field experience; face-to-face, online, and hybrid courses; and a yearlong teacher residency. The culminating experience is a seminar in which students transition from teacher candidate to teacher by planning for leading their own classrooms. The M.A. in STEM Education is offered through Rowan University's CAEP Accredited College of Education.
- The demand for STEM education continues to rise across all grade levels of k-12 education.
- Our program provdes the hands-on experience and thorough training that educational institutions are looking for when they are hiring educators to teach upcoming generations both the practice and impact of STEM fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inclusive Instruction in STEM Classrooms
- STEM Teaching & Research Methods
- Professional Seminar for STEM Education
- Teaching STEM in Diverse Settings
- STEM Education Residency
- Content Area Literacy
- Schools & Society: Foundations for Secondary Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics General Engineering & Technology View 1576 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Completed Application Form
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning in a field such as math, engineering, or science
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives
- Provide reasons for pursuing the program. Describe how you might use this program to advance your career (educational goals beyond the master's level, if applicable, are also relevant).
- Two letters of recommendation
- Recommended minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0
International23595 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23595 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Glassboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.