This part-time School Administration program from Rowan University offers convenience for working professionals and meets the requirements established by the New Jersey Department of Education for state certification as a public school administrator. It also includes the courses required for Supervisor Certification and Principal Certification.
Students who successfully complete the program will be recommended by Rowan University to the state of NJ for both certifications, provided that the additional requirements for Principal Certification are met.
- Our program prepares you for positions such as assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction, principal, assistant principal, and director.
- Graduates in this field are well-quipped for the future: employment of elementary, middle, and high school principals is projected to grow four percent from 2018 to 2028, while the employment of postsecondary education administrators is projected to grow seven percent from 2018 to 2028.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Design & Development for Instructional Leaders
- Action Research In Education
- Educational Organizations And Leadership
- Introduction To The Principalship
- School Finance And Records
- Law And Ethics For School Leadership
- Instructional Leadership And Supervision
- Change For School Improvement
- Building Organizational Capacity Through Leadership And Supervision
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Administration View 722 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Completed Application Form
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives (must include reasons for pursuing the School Administration program)
- Typewritten statement of leadership experience (must include examples of previous leadership experience and abilities within specific positions/projects)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Recommended minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Copy of current NJ (or other state) teaching or educational services certificate (only Standard is acceptable)
- Letter confirming at least 3 years of satisfactory teaching or educational service
- Optional interview
International715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.