The Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Rowan University is highly valued by candidates those seeking research positions, those planning to pursue a doctoral degree, those interested in teaching, those seeking human service positions in a variety of settings and more.
We strongly recommend that all students interested in pursuing licensure in NJ (or other states) become familiar with the state regulations and keep abreast of any relevant changes to these regulations.
Students must also take the CPCE (Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Exam). Students are given the option to take the National Counselor Exam (NCE) instead. Most students are admitted through the Advanced Clinical Track (taking two unique electives to further clinical skill development). Students may have select opportunities to participate in a research lab with a faculty member and/or complete a project or thesi s via the Thesis Track, depending upon faculty availability and appropriate fit. Contact the Program Coordinator for additional details and current availabilities of this option.
- Introduction to Counseling: Development of Basic Skills
- Counseling Theory and Techniques
- Research Methodology and Statistics in Counseling Psychology : Basics
- Research Methodology and Statistics in Counseling Psychology : Applied
- Group Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Professional Pro-Seminar
- Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues in Counseling
- Psychopathology : Diagnosis and Epidemiology
- Psychopathology : Conceptualization and Etiology
- Practicum in Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPsychology Physiotherapy Counselling View 907 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- An online application and non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records- Students must have earned a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited school.
- Official Test Scores
- Recommendations from three individuals for Ph.D. programs and two for masters programs,
- Personal Statement- This is part of the online application.
- Interview with Admissions Committee-Required only for the Cell and Molecular Biology (PhD/MS) and Histopathology applicants.
- Optional Resume or CV
International715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National715 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 715 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.