Major components of this approach emphasize helping individuals, families, and communities to recognize and utilize their capacities; gain awareness of available options; understand the barriers and obstacles they may face; reinforce their hopes and aspirations; and integrate internal and external resources to improve the quality of their lives.
The MSW program focuses on advanced direct practice with individuals and families.
A critical purpose of the MSW program is to develop competent, ethical, and effective professionals who will be able to utilize advanced knowledge, skills and values to promote social justice and provide leadership in the expansion of service delivery systems in a diverse society.
The MSW program will enable students to integrate knowledge, values and skills of the social work profession through the program’s curriculum design, including both academic coursework and the field placement experience.
The program prepares graduates to engage in a variety of human services’ roles in a wide range of settings.
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Oppressed Populations
- Social Welfare Policy and Program Analysis
- Social Work Foundation Practice
- Adversities and Resiliencies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesSocial Work View 364 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a college or university certified by a regional accrediting agency (e.g., North Central Association of Colleges and Schools) approved by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Cumulative grade-point average in undergraduate work of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (some programs require higher GPAs).
- Satisfactory preparation for the graduate program in which the student wishes to enroll as specified by the department of the major.
- A test of written/spoken English, which the University reserves the right to request, of any entering graduate student whose primary language is not English.
International588 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 588 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National588 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 588 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.