About this Field
The History program of Valdosta State University is a good choice for students interested in the discipline who want to broaden their educational horizons and prepare for a number of careers or graduate school.
Selected Educational Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate advanced knowledge of political developments in history.
- Students will demonstrate advanced knowledge of social developments in history.
- Students will communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Students will demonstrate advanced knowledge of the process of historical research and critical analysis.
- Students will complete historical research projects that effectively use library resources and computer and information technology.
- Community Relations Professional
- Congressional Aide
- Historic Site Professional
- Information Manager
- Legislative Assistant
- Literary Agent
- Litigation Support Staff Member
- Market Research Analyst
- Museum Professional
- Museum Specialist
- News Correspondent
- Nonprofit Professional
- Park Ranger
- Political Scientist
- Public Policy Specialist
- Publishing Executive
- Records Manager
- Secondary School Teacher
- Social Services Administrator
- Special Topics in History
- History of Cuisine and Culture
- The Ancient Near East
- Hellenistic Greece and Rome
- Renaissance and Reformation
- Europe in the Age of Louis XIV, 1648-1750
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 324 other Masters in Modern History in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally- accredited institution.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale calculated on all attempted coursework.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in all college-level History courses, with no grade below a "C" in a History course.
- Minimum of 15 semester hours credit in upper-level (3000 or above) History courses.
- Minimum GRE Requirements: 500 Verbal score and 4.0 Analytical score
- An essay detailing applicant’s interest in enrolling in the program, goals for advancing his/her intellectual abilities in the program, and how study in the program will advance his/her professional skills.
- Recommendations from professionals familiar with your academic work.
- Sample of formal writing such as a research or seminar paper.
International10980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5490 USD per semester during 12 months.
National10980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5490 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State3048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1524 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Valdosta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.