Faculty with expertise in X-ray crystallography, electron microscopy, and spectroscopy investigate protein structure, folding, and interactions in order to help define disease mechanisms and develop new therapies.
- Other faculty members employ modern genetics and genomic technologies to generate a broader understanding of cellular pathways and systems biology. We use a number of different model systems, including mice, flies and single—celled organisms to model disease processes and development.
- Areas of focus in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from Upstate Medical University SUNY include structures and function of membrane transporters, DNA replication and repair, transcription and epigenetics, mitochondrial biology, and cellular responses to stress. These studies are relevant for many human diseases, including cancer, neurodegeneration, and infectious diseases.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bioenergentics and Metabolism
- Gene Expression and Epigenetics
- Protien Sorting
- Protein Structure Determination
- Systems Biology of Genetics Genomics & Proteomics
- Biomolecular X-Ray Diffraction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 434 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores recommended but not required.
- The average GPA for the incoming Fall 2020 class is 3.5 and the average cumulative GRE is 313; however, we holistically review applications with a wide range of scores and GPAs.
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended.
- Three original letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic record and potential for investigative research. Applicants will submit their reference's information when filling out their application for admission. Upon submission of the application, the references will receive instructions on how to submit them through MyUpstate.
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.