The Social Work program offered by the California State University San Marcos prepares students for direct practice in a variety of settings including public, private, and nonprofit agencies and organizations, in social services, child welfare services, human services, healthcare, and mental/behavioral health.
Student Learning Outcomes
The Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for social workers are defined by the national accrediting body, the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and encompass the following 9 competencies:
- Demonstrate Ethical and Professional Behavior
- Engage Diversity and Difference in Practice
- Advance Human Rights and Social, Economic, and Environmental Justice
- Engage In Practice-informed Research and Research-informed Practice
- Engage in Policy Practice
- Engage with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Assess Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Intervene with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Evaluate Practice with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Behavior & Social Environment I
- Human Behavior & Social Environment II
- Generalist Practice II: Individuals, Families, & Groups
- Generalist Practice III: Organizations and Communities
- Clinical Assessment and Evidence Based Treatment
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 443 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A completed application on Cal State Apply (see How to Apply tab on the left).
- One set of official transcripts from each college and university attended reflecting official verification of graduation
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of 'C' or better.
- A resume including any volunteer, internship, or other paid or unpaid experience
- Three electronic recommendations; including either two academic and one professional, or two professional and one academic reference
- A personal statement
International16680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16680 USD per year during 24 months.
National16680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16680 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for San Marcos
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.