Our objective is to prepare nurses in generalist and advanced practice roles for positions in the healthcare industry, community or public health agencies, and academia, and for continued study at the doctoral level.
The MSN program at the California State University San Marcos includes a strong foundation in theory and research inquiry. The School of Nursing acknowledges the responsibility to address the nursing and healthcare needs in populations and communities around the globe, including those who are underserved and vulnerable. The graduate program builds on the knowledge gained at the baccalaureate level and promotes nursing scholarship at the local, state, national, and international levels through research, service, and practice. Values, ethics, and multicultural perspectives are heavily embedded within the graduate program. Cultural sensitivity and competence are emphasized in the curriculum as students interface with a diverse population both professionally and in the care of clients, families, and communities.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Master of Science in Nursing has been designed for nurses seeking careers as a nurse educator, advanced practice nurse, or a generalist nurse responsible for leadership and management of patient populations at the unit level in an acute care facility.
Students who graduate with a Master of Science in Nursing will be able to:
- Integrate theory and research from the Sciences and Humanities in the delivery of evidence-based nursing practice.
- Utilize leadership skills to influence the quality of health care at the organizational and/or systems level.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to improve the quality and safety in the environments where graduates practice.
- Translate and apply evidence-based research in nursing practice.
- Integrate current informatics and health care technologies in nursing practice.
- Use health policy development process and advocacy strategies to influence positive change in health care delivery.
- Demonstrate inter-professional collaboration for improving patient and population health outcomes
- Identify clinical prevention strategies to improve health of diverse populations.
- Demonstrate Master’s level knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to lead nursing education, leadership, and practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theoretical Bases of Nursing Research and Evidence Based Practice
- Advanced Health Assessment and Health Promotion
- Advanced Health Assessment and Health Promotion Field Study
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Introduction to Human Anatomy and PhysiologyBIOL 176 - Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNursing View 738 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- a completed application form;
- submit one set of official transcripts from colleges and universities attended with indication of an undergraduate degree;
- provide evidence of completion of an undergraduate or graduate level bioethics course;
- proof of licensure as a registered nurse in California;
- a reference list of three person’s qualified to assess the applicant’s potential to succeed as a graduate student, including one nursing faculty in the student’s baccalaureate program;
- a resume or curriculum vitae; and
- a one- to two-page essay outlining professional and educational goals.
International16680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16680 USD per year during 24 months.
National16680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16680 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for San Marcos
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.