Awareness and understanding of the impact of the constant barrage of threats to life as we know it has become a growing area of academic study. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has created the Master of Science in Human Security & Resilience to support individuals who seek the knowledge to meet these challenges head-on. The M.S. in Human Security & Resilience is a 30-credit online program offered through the Department of Security Studies and International Affairs in the Embry-Riddle College of Arts and Sciences. The degree is tailored to recent graduates and working professionals who want to advance their careers in this complex specialty.
The concept of human security was first defined by the United Nations Development Programme in 1994. Graduates of the Master of Science in Human Security & Resilience are often the type of people who care about the good of humanity and seek solutions to not only ensure safety after a catastrophe, but to help identify and prevent future incidences.
Embry-Riddle’s M.S. in Human Security and Resilience is an online program designed for working professionals who want to transition into a career or a new role within the field.
Students benefit from being part of a cutting-edge program whose curriculum is designed to align with current events and security practice, policy, law, and solutions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Internet, Security, and Governance
- Introduction to Human Security
- Principles of International Conflict Resolution
- Environmental Security
- Foundations of Resilience
- International Law and U.S. Security Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesMilitary Science International Business Terrorism & Security View 106 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
- All applicants must complete an online application and submit a $50 non-refundable fee in U.S. funds.
- All international students must provide a copy of his or her valid passport for immigration purposes.
- One letter of recommendation must be submitted. A letter from an academic source is preferred, but a letter from a professional source will also be sufficient.
- The SAT and/or ACT scores are optional and must only be submitted if students would like to be considered for scholarships.
- Pay the $50 application fee, either by credit card or bank draft
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit a one-page personal essay
International689 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 689 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National689 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 689 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.