An integral part of the program is the internship, in which candidates acquire skills and experience under the supervision of an advisor and a site administrator. The emphasis is on training candidates to administer programs in accordance with best professional practices. Graduates of the program earn a degree from an academically respected university with a top 10 NCAA brand.
Students move through the program as a cohort, with a new cohort starting each fall. The on-campus curriculum is designed as a 34 semester credit program with an average two year completion time for full time students. Students entering in the fall semester can usually complete the program requirements within the two years provided they take six to nine credits per semester. The online program differs as classes are offered in an accelerated fashion with two courses (approximately 8 weeks in duration) taken each semester.
Students can usually complete the program in six semesters, provided they follow the recommended course sequence schedule. During the past few years, some of the institutions and organizations which have hired our alumni, include: The University of Oklahoma Athletics, Georgetown University, Washington State University, University of Arizona, Illinois State University, Boise State University, Drake University, Ohio University, Texas State University, Lewis and Clark State College, North Idaho College, Lake Forest College, Gonzaga University, Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA), Whitworth University, Dixie State College of Utah, Spokane Community Colleges, Washington Nationals (MLB), Hillsboro Hops (Minor League Baseball), Spokane Indians (Minor League Baseball), Spokane Chiefs (Western Hockey League), Lethbridge Hurricanes (Western Hockey League), Mizuno, Spokane Regional Sport Commission, Spokane Youth Sports Association (SYSA), Volleyball of the Rockies, The Dirty Dash, and more
More informationVisit official programme website
- Sport and Athletic Promotions
- Sport Media and Communication
- Ethical and Legal Aspects in Sport and Athletic Administration
- Sport and Athletics in the Social Context
- Research Methods and Statistics in Sport and Athletics
- Sport and Athletic Finance
- Administration of Physical Education, Athletics and Sports
- Sport and Athletic Administration Internships I - III
- Capstone Experience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 225 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
- Complete the online application and pay the $50 application fee (pay at the end of the online application).
- Provide official transcript from each college or university attended. A cumulative grade point average (GPA) must be above a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- If your GPA falls below a 3.0, please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, please note that Gonzaga University transcripts are ordered by the Graduate Admissions Office on your behalf.
- Provide a minimum of two recommenders Request letters of recommendation through the online application.
International1160 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1160 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1160 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1160 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.