The mission of the Seattle University Master of Social Work (SU MSW) program is to educate students for social justice-focused and community-based advanced clinical social work practice.
The program seeks to advance equity in access to excellent clinical social work practice for historically marginalized populations by preparing competent and effective practitioners who restore, maintain, and enhance human and community well-being with unwavering attention to social and economic justice. The program is committed to respectful engagement and collaboration with community partners in its scholarship, teaching, and service.
Graduates of Seattle University’s MSW program should be able to:
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior.
- Engage diversity and difference in practice.
- Advance human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice.
- Engage in practice-informed research and research-informed practice.
- Engage in policy practice.
- Engage with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
- Assess individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Intervene with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Evaluate practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundation Field Practicum
- Generalist Practice : Social Work with Individuals & Families
- Social Work and Social Justice: Ethical Professional Formation
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Advanced Field Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Philosophy & Ethics View 452 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Completed baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Completion of 3 courses in liberal arts content, specifically one course in each of the areas: Humanities, Social Science, and Natural Science.
- Completion of a Statistics prerequisite course before enrollment.
- Criminal Background Check/Criminal Offender Record Information. (Although this is not part of the application process applicants who are offered admission will receive instructions to complete the background check before field placement.)
International23595 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47190 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National23595 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47190 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.