In addition, we give special emphasis to criminal justice ethics, issues of diversity in criminal justice, critical thinking, and leadership. The Criminal Justice students from Seattle University go on to successful careers in all sectors of the criminal justice system, including law enforcement, courts, corrections, social service, policy, and research.
Seattle University graduate Criminal Justice students should be able to:
- Evaluate and analyze a contemporary CJ issue with advanced knowledge of CJ terminology, major topic areas/issues in criminal justice and criminological theory, and ethical issues in crime and justice.
- Design a research proposal and conduct computer-based statistical analysis at basic (descriptive) level.
- Understand the interdisciplinary nature of criminal justice and ethical issues in law enforcement, courts, and corrections.
- Articulate key concepts in criminology and criminal justice.
- Prepare and present a paper orally using multimedia/technology.
- Master content in upper-level specialization courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criminal Justice Theory
- Advanced Criminological Theory
- Law and Social Control
- Organizational Theory and Analysis in Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Ethics and Decision Making
- Statistical Analysis
- Statistics Lab
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 256 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
- Seattle University is waiving the $55 fee for new applications
- Applications for non-matriculated students are accepted quarterly
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or related social, behavioral, or physical science.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references who are able to assess potential to do graduate study
- Statement of purpose discussing background, interests, and reasons for wanting to pursue MACJ
- Writing sample (for example, an undergraduate paper)
- Professional résumé or curriculum vita
- Selected candidates contacted for interview with MACJ faculty
International20625 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20625 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.