Health promotion draws from a number of complementary disciplines including psychology, sociology, biological and clinical sciences, and business (marketing and management). In the words of the World Health Organization, health promotion is "the process of enabling people to increase control over, and to improve, their health."Our 34-credit hour Health Promotion master’s degree program equips students with the knowledge and skills needed to apply the principles of health promotion in a variety of community, research, clinical, business, and school settings. Graduates of this program are prepared to take leadership roles in designing, implementing, and evaluating health promotion programs in various public and private agencies at organizational, local, state, and national levels.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Health Behavior Change and Theory
- Community Health Promotion and Education
- Program Planning and Evaluation in Health Promotion
- Project Management in Health Promotion
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1071 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Review your program of interest's requirements.
- Review the UCCS ESL proficiency requirements.
- Submit your Official Transcripts.
- Contact the UCCS International Affairs Office for information on English intensive courses and applying for a visa
- Submit a $100 non-refundable application fee through the online application if you are applying to spring or summer 2019 terms. (Submit a $60 non-refundable application fee through the online application if you are applying to fall 2019 term.)
- Mandatory International Student Health Insurance
International1345 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1345 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1345 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1345 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State830 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 830 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.