Duquesne University's Biotechnology students learn not just science, but also how to participate and lead technical development teams and how to use their background in the diverse career opportunities within biomedicine.
- The M.S. in Biotechnology combines advanced training in the sciences with instruction in the essentials of regulatory affairs, medical devices, commercial research and product development.
- Students learn from faculty who are experts in their field and in the biomedical industry.
- Ideal program for students seeking an industry career AND students interested in pursuing an M.D. or Ph.D. program.
- Can be completed in a hybrid format -- both online and in person.
- Take the next step by exploring our admissions process and connecting with our team.
Careers in Biotechnology
Connect to a Bright Future
Biotechnology is one of the fastest growing sectors, offering graduates excellent opportunities for a rewarding career. Students in the biotechnology program are well-prepared for R&D careers, and careers in industry. Our graduates are trained to build on their science and to explore their opportunities. Alumni of the program work in laboratories, development, regulatory affairs, and are also finding rewarding careers in technical marketing and sales, either with multi-national corporations or emerging start-ups.
Companies are eager to connect with our students. Students engage with Bayer School advisors and faculty for individual guidance through all phases of the job search process. Additionally, through organizations such as the Biotech Club, students learn about company interviewing techniques, networking and best practices to help them prepare to interview effectively.
Top employers include:
- Jackson Labs
- Smith & Nephew
- VWR International
- Biotechnology Product Development
- Bioanalytical Chemistry
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Ethics in Biotechnology
- Regulatory Aspects of Medical Product Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biotechnology Molecular Sciences View 238 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United States
- Applicants should have an undergraduate degree in biology (or a related sub-discipline) with a basic foundation in biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics
- Submit the University application
- A Statement of Purpose, approximately 250 words, describing your goals and objectives for enrolling in this program
- All official transcripts sent directly from the university Registrar's Office for programs completed within the United States
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official GRE scores are required
- Official Internet-based (iBT) TOEFL scores (preferred), IELTS, or Duolingo scores that are current to one year are required.
International23520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1568 USD per credit during 24 months.
National23520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1568 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.