While earning your degree, you will gain practical experience in clinical, research and/or teaching internships and have the opportunity to complete an independent research thesis. Graduate students in our program work closely with our faculty in psychological assessment, therapy, and research. Students also share close bonds with each other through our cohort model.
The MS Program in Psychology at the Augusta University is designed as a full-time, day-time, and year-around program. Most students finish the degree in two years. The Clinical/Counseling Program is accredited by the Master’s in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC) for a period of 2017-2027.
What Makes Our Program Unique
- Enjoy Small Class Sizes. Our student to faculty ratios are 16:1 or smaller.
- Delve into Relevant Coursework including psychological assessment and psychotherapy for Clinical/counseling students and intensive research experiences for experimental students.
- Work alongside faculty on research projects that result in presentations and publications.
- Benefit from individual Mentoring. All students have a faculty mentor to guide them through the program.
- Gain valuable work experience with our Internship Opportunities. We offer a large variety of internship placements in the community and on campus.
- Develop professionally through our Graduate Assistantship Opportunities. Assistantships pay for students' tuition and offer stipends in exchange for 10 hours of work for the department.
- Take advantage of our thesis Option. A thesis is particularly helpful for students who plan to apply for a PhD. in psychology.
- History and Systems of Psychology
- Research Methods
- Cognitive Assessment
- Personality Assessment
- Developmental Psychology
- Behavior Pathology
- Therapeutic Interventions
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 1100 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from foreign colleges and universities must use an approved transcript evaluation service. An official course-by-course transcript evaluation based on official transcripts and documents is required.
- Degrees awarded from international universities and colleges must be verified as the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor's or higher degree.
- Only in the case of transcripts from international colleges/universities will an official course-by-course transcript evaluation based on official transcripts and documents be accepted in lieu of an official transcript. Official transcript evaluations based on unofficial transcripts, documents or copies will not fulfill this requirement.
International18772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9386 USD per semester during 30 months.
National18772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9386 USD per semester during 30 months.
In-State5504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2752 USD per semester during 30 months.
Living costs for Augusta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.