During the Elementary Education program of the Georgia Southern University, you will be required to complete field experiences including student teaching/internship. All field experience requirements for any MAT program must be completed in the state of Georgia. Some concentrations require practicum placements prior to student teaching or internship semester. Field experiences, including student teaching, for students in the online MAT Concentrations in Elementary Education, Health and Physical Education, and Special Education will be considered in the Georgia region in which you are located.
What background do I need?
This study concentration is for candidates who already hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and who are interested in a career as a teacher of young children. The M.A.T. provides an option for people entering the world of teaching from other vocations or fields of study, and is also an option for those who are already in the classroom yet have not obtained initial certification (e.g. paraprofessionals, Teach for America, etc.). Through a sequence of courses and related field experiences, candidates will be prepared to teach young children in preschool through grade five. The program of study is designed to meet all content and methods requirements for initial certification.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy & Classroom Management
- Special Education
- Problem Solving and Mathematical Representations in the Elementary Classroom
- Literacy Instruction and Diagnosis
- Literacy in the Content Areas for Elementary Learners
- Instruction-Based Assessment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Early Childhood Education View 342 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Complete requirements for a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A cumulative 2.50 (4.0 scale) GPA or higher
- Passing scores on the GACE Program Admission Assessment or be exempt by acceptable SAT, ACT, or GRE or GACE Basic Skills scores
- A passing score on the state-required Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment
- Qualify for a Georgia Pre-Service certificate or Provisional certificate
- Submit a letter of intent
- One (1) Initial Disposition Assessment
- Acknowledge ”Disclosure and Affirmation” statements that address the Code of Ethics for Educators and the need for tort liability insurance
- International applicants and U.S. citizens whose native language is not English must demonstrate competence in English
International358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD per credit during 24 months.
National358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.