The Chemistry and Biochemistry Department has active research programs in several areas. Undergraduate students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity to participate in one or more of these programs.
As the largest and most inclusive academic unit within the university, the College of Arts and Sciences contributes significantly to the cultural and academic characteristics that distinguishes Lamar as a Member of the Texas State University System. Our programs perform at the highest levels with constant enthusiasm for excellence.
The College is comprised of twelve academic departments, many of which house multiple programs and disciplines that offer our students a combined thirty-four undergraduate and graduate degree choices. In addition, the College includes a variety of interdisciplinary, pre-professional, and teacher preparation programs that cross educational boundaries. While providing a majority of the courses included within the university’s Core Curriculum, the College likewise offers hundreds of specialized courses to support its baccalaureate and graduate degree programs.
The departmental mission is to:
- Ensure quality instruction as a primary focus.
- Provide a positive learning environment for students.
- Promote scholarship by mentoring students.
- Maintain a faculty of teacher scholars.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesChemistry View 458 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
For entering freshmen, a complete application packet requires three components.
- A completed undergraduateapplication submitted through the statewide Apply Texas system.
- An SAT or ACT score sent to Lamar University by the testing agency. Use SAT Code 6360 or ACT Code 4114.
- A high school transcript showing class size and class rank. Upon graduation, a final transcript should be submitted showing class rank, date of graduation and graduation plan. Send transcripts to the Admissions Office, P.O. Box 10009, Beaumont TX 77710.
International2772 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2772 USD per module and a duration of 24 months.
National2772 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2772 USD per module and a duration of 24 months.
In-State1527 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1527 USD per module and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.