Completion of the twenty-one-month curriculum in Medical Illustration from the Augusta University results in a Master of Science in Medical Illustration degree granted through the College of Graduate Studies. Augusta University is part of the University System of Georgia.
In addition to being skilled artists, medical illustrators must be knowledgeable in anatomy and the health sciences. This is because an illustrator's work, unlike a photograph, must often show what cannot be directly observed in order to best communicate an idea or complex concept. Therefore, an understanding of basic medical subjects is essential. In addition to studying communication theory and illustration techniques, our students also take graduate-level science courses, such as gross anatomy and cell biology, with the medical students.
Our program is accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.The program was the very first to be granted accreditation, in 1967, and has maintained continuous accreditation ever since. Our accreditation was renewed in 2010, for the full term of 8 years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The program emphasizes anatomical and surgical illustration for print and electronic publication, as well as for projection and broadcast distribution. Because of the importance of good drawing skills, our students learn a variety of traditional illustration techniques during the first year.
- In addition, computer technologies and digital techniques, used to prepare both vector and raster images for print, projection, animation, and multimedia are extensively integrated into the curriculum.
- During the second year, students refine their illustration skills and are introduced to the various media, rendering styles and illustration techniques used by contemporary professional medical illustrators. They also learn professional production techniques for interactive communication media.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 466 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Applicants from foreign colleges and universities must use an approved transcript evaluation service. An official course-by-course transcript evaluation based on official transcripts and documents is required.
- Degrees awarded from international universities and colleges must be verified as the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor's or higher degree.
- Only in the case of transcripts from international colleges/universities will an official course-by-course transcript evaluation based on official transcripts and documents be accepted in lieu of an official transcript. Official transcript evaluations based on unofficial transcripts, documents or copies will not fulfill this requirement.
International27576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13788 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National27576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13788 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10748 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5374 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.