Rush University is the only institution in Illinois to offer a respiratory therapist master’s degree.
- The Master of Science in Respiratory Care program at the Rush University has a uniquely designed curriculum that offers outstanding leadership and advanced practice preparation in multiple areas, including critical care, neonatal care and cardiopulmonary diagnostics.
- You will obtain hands-on experience at top-tier academic medical centers in Chicago. The low student-to-faculty ratio ensures that you will receive individualized attention.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- At Rush, you will experience the innovative practitioner-teacher model, whereby faculty members take on multiple roles as educators, researchers and practitioners.
- No previous health care experience is required. However, an advanced standing option is available for individuals who have earned the registered respiratory therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 496 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form.
- Unofficial transcripts - An unofficial copy of your transcript from each college and university attended is required. Copies should be uploaded online via the application system only.
- Grade point average - GPAs must be converted to a 4.0 scale.
- Standardized test scores.
- TOEFL scores - Scores must be submitted for international applicants who have received a diploma from a university at which English is not the language of instruction. TOEFL scores will be waived for non-native English speakers who have completed a Bachelor’s degree or higher from a US accredited institution and have demonstrated language proficiency supported by the interview.
- Applicant fee - A $50 application fee is required to submit the application.
- Statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation.
International766 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 766 USD per credit during 24 months.
National766 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 766 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.