The Professional Counseling program of University of West Georgia offers three options of study, School Counseling, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and College Student Affairs.
- Candidates will demonstrate professional dispostions consistent with the field of professional counseling, as measured by an average rating of "proficient" or higher on a summaive administration of the Professional Dispositions and Behaviors Rubric.
- Candidates will demonstrate professional skills consistent with the field of professional counseling, as measured by an average rating of "proficient" or higher on a summative administration of the Field Placement Evaluation.
- Candidates will know the major concepts, theories, and practices articulated in current counselor preparation standards, as measured by a passing score on the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination (CPCE).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Counseling Theories
- Basic Counseling Skills
- Assessment & Appraisal in Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Principles of Professional School Counseling
- Internship: Professional Counseling
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 964 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- All graduate applicants must complete the online Grad Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required
- Official transcripts from a regionally or nationally accredited institution are required and should be sent directly to the UWG Graduate Admissions Office
- 2.7 Undergraduate GPA
- GRE scores
- Written personal narrative describing the reasons for applying to the program
- Interview with faculty
- English Language Proficiency
International11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5610 USD per semester during 36 months.
National11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5610 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State2892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1446 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Carrollton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.