The Music Performance program of University of West Georgia is intended for those individuals who seek advanced training in music performance and/or wish to pursue doctoral study and seek teaching positions in higher education.
- Demonstrate professional competence in performance, interpretation, and evaluation of knowledge and scholarly competence in the organization, interpretation, understanding, and evaluation of knowledge in music and music pedagogy.
- Demonstrate an advanced level of musical and pedagogical knowledge and understandings, and of performance abilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct music research and to use appropriate research methods.
- Wind Ensemble
- Symphony Band
- Marching Band
- Chamber Winds
- Concert Choir
- Chamber Singers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 1010 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All graduate applicants must complete the online Grad Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required
- Official transcripts from a regionally or nationally accredited institution are required and should be sent directly to the UWG Graduate Admissions Office
- An undergraduate degree in Music Education or professional teacher certification in music
- Three letters of recommendation
- English Language Proficiency
International11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5610 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5610 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State2892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1446 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Carrollton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.