Students of the Professional Accounting program of University of West Georgia not only gain technical accounting proficiency, they also prepare to enter the fast-paced business world. Ethics and technology as well as oral and written skills are incorporated into every aspect of the curriculum.
Completion of the MPAcc program satisfies the requirements needed to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination in the state of Georgia. Combined with an undergraduate degree, the MPAcc also satisfies the educational requirements of 150 total semester hours and 30 hours of upper-level courses needed to obtain certification. Courses completed during the program give students the confidence and technical knowledge needed to successfully complete the outside work experience requirements.
Communicate at a professional level in oral presentations and in writing.
- Students will be able to conduct research relevant to accounting issues and problems.
- Students will be able to create effective written documents.
- Students will be able to prepare and deliver effective oral accounting presentations.
Identify how globalization affects organizations and their environment.
- Students will be able to identify the impact of international accounting standards on the accounting profession.
- Students will be able to identify ethical theories and concepts and their importance.
- Students will be able to evaluate situations from various ethical frameworks.
Understand the major forms of accounting and be able to apply these principles and practices in a professionally responsible manner to accounting and business processes and systems.
- Students will be able to identify tax planning issues involving like-kind exchanges.
- Students will be able to differentiate between for-profit, non-profit, and governmental accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Students will have an understanding of strategic management accounting tools.
- Students will be able to recognize fraudulent financial reporting.
- Students will be able to develop entity relationship diagrams and understand modeling of business processess.
- Students will be able to identify standard setting policies and procedures and develop implications for the accounting profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Managerial Accounting
- Income Tax Accounting for Individuals
- Accounting Information Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting Forensic Accounting View 538 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- All applicants must complete the online Graduate Application. There is a $40 application fee.
- Official Transcript from all institutions attended
- Official GMAT Score: 450 or above
- Current Resume
- English Language proficiency
International11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5610 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5610 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State2892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1446 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.