During your first year at the Film Production program offered by Chapman University, you will learn foundational and more sophisticated facets of filmmaking as you collaborate on productions with your colleagues under the close guidance of our faculty. Our accelerated program places students immediately on productions in order to gain hands on experience both on set and supported from the classroom. The second year is an enhancement and continuation of the program through advanced classroom based knowledge and increasingly challenging film projects under the close supervision and guidance of our faculty. You will take on greater responsibilities in the practice of your craft.
Your education culminates in your third year when you form a complete creative team with your colleagues, writers, producers, editors, cinematographers, sound and production designers, all coming together to realize a unified vision —a final thesis project. Dodge College provides each team with a $15,000 contribution towards their thesis production; in addition to having full use of industry standard equipment and facilities. These projects enable students in all disciplines to enter their field with a professional sample of work.
- Exhibit an in-depth understanding of the fundamental components of visual storytelling, story structure and story analysis.
- Articulate the complex and inter-related functions and roles on a film set, and can work collaboratively within that structure.
- Through closely-mentored projects, apply technical elements to the creation of an artistic experience in a specific discipline (Directing, Editing, Cinematography, Sound Design, Producing, and Production Design).
- Through critical essays, writing assignments, and visual production exercises, demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the development of film language, including aesthetic perspectives.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Visual Design and Production
- Production Workshop I
- Fundamentals of Cinematography I
- Overview of Post Production
- Production Workshop II
- Production and Set Protocol
- The Short Film Form
- Fundamentals of Cinematography II
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 208 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Intent
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Creative Supplement
- Official copy of your undergraduate transcript from your degree granting institution
- International Students: Please see "International Applicants" tab below for additional requirements
International44240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22120 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
National44240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22120 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.