Psychology from California State University Chico provides an integrated course of study that meets the educational requirements for the Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) license as specified in California State law (SB-33; Section 4980.36). The 60-unit program is designed to train exemplary professional therapists to work in public mental health agencies, private practice, and other similar settings. Skill acquisition is emphasized by a strong core of introductory laboratory courses and on-campus practica in our Counselor Training Center (CTC), culminating in an off-campus traineeship at a local agency.
Students at Psychology from California State University Chico will:
- provide mental health services to the population of Northern California by meeting the specific needs of predominantly rural and multi-ethnic communities.
- continually develop an ethical and professional foundation to their therapy practice, including emphasis on developing a culturally sensitive practice.
- se a systemic framework to conceptualize varied individual, child, couple, family, and group concerns in therapy.
- be obtaining skills in the assessment and diagnosis of psychopathology and related clinical issues.
- Research and Evaluation Methods
- Advanced Developmental Psychology
- Applied Psychopharmacology
- Psychological Assessment Marriage and Family Therapists
- Couples Therapy and Sexuality
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Psychology School Counselling View 564 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
- Satisfactory grade point average as specified in Graduate and Postbaccalaureate Admission Requirements in the University Catalog.
- Approval by the department and the Office of Graduate Studies.
- An acceptable baccalaureate from an accredited institution.
- Completion of either the Graduate Record Examination Aptitude Test or the Miller Analogies Test. The Graduate Record Examination Advanced Test in Psychology is not required but will be considered if available.
- The Department of Psychology requires the completion of its own application, including a Statement of Purpose, a resume, an application for advancement to classified status, and three letters of recommendation.
International15552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15552 USD per year during 36 months.
National15552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15552 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State9216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9216 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Chico
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.