The department offers students the opportunity to earn the distinction of Honors in Computer Science or Honors in Computer Information Systems. This recognition appears on the permanent transcript and diploma. The Honors award confers a distinction that enhances opportunities for graduate school and employment.
Faculty and Facilities
The breadth of faculty expertise is evident from the many courses offered in operating systems and networks, programming languages, security, artificial intelligence, bioinformatics, computer graphics, computer architecture, database systems, computer theory, security and computer forensics, mobile computing, software engineering, and web programming, as well as from the variety of professional consulting and research projects in which the faculty are involved.
The College of Engineering, Computer Science, and Construction Management (ECC) is housed in the O'Connell Technology Center. ECC maintains a large site to support its computing and technology needs. Currently, the College manages 19 labs with a combined total of more than 300 machines (not including machines in faculty and department offices), several physical and virtual servers and multiple operating systems, supporting approximately 20,000 users. ECC buildings have upgraded networking and full coverage Wi-Fi access. The Computer Science program is offered at California State University Chico.
Computing facilities available to computer science majors include three general-purpose labs containing high-end PCs, two of which are Windows-based while the third runs Linux. The department also has an Apple lab for Mac/iOS development projects. One of the labs is designated as a computer networks laboratory where students get hands-on experience in computer security and network management by designing, configuring, and reconfiguring various types of networks and through the analysis of data obtained from network analyzers. All of our students also have 24/7 remote access to our Linux file server. The department is also a member of the Microsoft MSDN Academic Alliance, giving all students free access to Microsoft software including operating systems and various development tools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Distributed Computing
- Computer Architecture
- Software Engineering
- Operating Systems
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Artificial Intelligence
- Robotics and Machine Intelligence
- Topics in Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Database Management Systems
- 24 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 802 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- To be admitted to graduate and postbaccalaureate study, a student must hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association or must have completed an equivalent acceptable to the Office of Graduate Studies at California State University, Chico.
- Applicants who wish to pursue a master's degree must have an undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.75 in the last 60 semester units of course work attempted and at least 3.0 in the last 30 units attempted. Applicants for unclassified status, such as qualifying for a teaching credential, must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 in their last 60 semester units of course work attempted.
International15444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15444 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15444 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9108 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9108 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.