You can choose from our department’s broad offerings in mathematics and receive one-on-one attention from well-trained faculty, most of whom hold doctorates in their field. The traditional Master of Science in Mathematics degree allows you to earn a graduate degree in about two years.
An advanced degree in Mathematics from Missouri State University provides the necessary skills and abilities for a variety of careers. You will develop a useful skill set that includes critical thinking, analysis and research skills. Math graduates from Missouri State have gone on to careers with NASA, the Census Bureau, Boeing and others, and job descriptions for the program’s graduates include computer analyst, actuary, lawyer and statistician.
To help you prepare and search for jobs, the Missouri State Career Center provides a database of current openings, tips for preparing your résumé and on-campus interview opportunities.
- Students will have an in-depth understanding of at least one subfield of mathematics (applied math, analysis, algebra, or statistics).
- Students will have experience in math research, writing, and presentation, either by completion of thesis or at least two seminars.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize a variety of teaching techniques and classroom strategies to positively influence student learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Real and Abstract Analysis
- Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations
- Abstract Algebra
- Statistical Inference
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 382 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- The International Student Application and Fee
- You must have completed a U.S. bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution, with a 2.75 (U.S. scale) grade point average for the last 60 credit hours. Please refer to the Graduate Catalog for admission requirements for each individual graduate program.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Graduate Required Tests
International17952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17952 USD per year during 12 months.
National8928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8928 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8928 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Springfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.