Our faculty is dedicated to helping you succeed in your studies and helping you find internship opportunities that will lead to job possibilities.
We offer a master degree in Materials Science at the Missouri State University. You will have access to some of the most advanced labs and equipment in the Midwest, giving you an extra edge in your research. A number of graduate assistantships are made available each year to assist students with expenses while studying for advanced degrees at Missouri State University.
To help you prepare and search for jobs, the Missouri State Career Center provides a database of current openings, tips for preparing your résumé and on-campus interview opportunities. The Career Center also compiles information about what you can do with a graduate degree in materials science.
Career optionsWith a master’s degree in materials science, you can pursue a career in any of the following areas:
- Materials science related industries, such as defense, energy, biomedical and semiconductor
- Project management
- Research and development of condensed matter
- Research and development of engineering physics
- Testing of new products
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Thermodynamics of Materials
- Introduction to Materials Science
- Structure of Solids
- Experiments in Physical Characterization
- Vapor Synthesis of Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 226 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- A Bachelor of Science degree in any science or engineering disciplin.
- Candidates for admission to the program are required to have a GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale on the last 60 hours of course work.
- Submission of Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores from the General Test is required.
- Three letters of reference.
International16709 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16709 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National8308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8308 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8308 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.