Whether you are interested in composition, conducting, education, performance or plan to pursue doctoral studies, we provide the courses, faculty mentorship and resources you need. Our graduates found their forte at Missouri State and are now finding success teaching and performing all over the world.
If you decide to continue your education in a doctoral program, your career options will increase, as well as your earning potential. To aid in this transition, you should produce solid undergraduate work and secure faculty recommendations to help you move on to the next step.
Many of Missouri State University’s Music graduates have earned master’s and doctoral degrees and then gone on to teach music at the college level.
Careers and Outcomes
A graduate music degree from Missouri State University prepares you to work as a professional musician, teach at the university level and more. The following is a sampling of the careers our graduates have pursued:
- Music teacher, band director, vocal instructor or choir director
- Symphony orchestra performer
- Vocalist with civic and metropolitan operas
- Working on Disney’s "The Lion King" musical in New York City
- Touring and singing with a Swedish operatic metal band
- Recording solo jazz CDs
- Performing and recording experimental electronic music
- Pursuing doctoral degrees in music
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Education
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited music program with a completed major equivalent to certification by a state agency to teach music (K-12);
- Interview with a faculty member in the music education area;
- A letter of intent containing teaching and professional goals, future plans, and background information;
- Two letters of recommendation from professionals familiar with the candidate's academic abilities and teaching potential.
International17248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17248 USD per year during 12 months.
National8576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8576 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8576 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Springfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.