The School Counseling program from Fairfield University develops knowledge and skills in nine areas: Human growth and development, The helping relationship, Lifestyle and career development, Research and evaluation, Social and cultural foundations, Group counseling, Individual appraisal, Professional orientation, Clinical skills.
Students are provided with an excellent education foundation that leads to a successful career path.
Students are provided with an excellent educational foundation that leads to licensure and work in counseling settings including mental health agencies, college counseling centers, hospitals and private practice.
We are extremely proud of our student body in the Counselor Education Department. They are dedicated and consistently achieve at the very highest levels. Our graduates:
- Have authored articles published in peer-reviewed counseling journals.
- Regularly present at state and local conferences.
- Consistently score well above the national average on the National Counselor Examination.
- Participate in numerous outreach projects, collecting food, coats, and money for victims of disasters and individuals in need.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Multicultural Issues in Counseling
- Lifespan Human Development
- Psychopathology and Classification
- Professional Issues in Counseling
- Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 4095 other Masters in Education in United States
- A completed online formal application along with a non-refundable application fee of $60.
- All official undergraduate and graduate transcripts sent electronically
- At least two letters of recommendation. Suggested recommendations include your undergraduate or graduate professors; your major advisor; your work supervisor; or a professional in the field that you wish to study who knows you.
- Pass an Admissions Interview
International15648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 815 USD per credit during 30 months.
National15648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 815 USD per credit during 30 months.
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.