About this Degree
Students learn to address the future demands in the field, such as needs of an aging population, chronic illness management, health promotion and disease prevention, and integrated healthcare leadership. Additionally, graduates of the program will provide leadership at all levels of healthcare to move organizations toward evidence-based systems of care, to produce better patient outcomes.
The Masters in Nursing Leadership from Fairfield University is the perfect degree for graduate nurses who do not wish to be nurse practitioners but want to maximize career options in dynamic healthcare environments in nursing leadership roles, including management, clinical nurse leaders, nurse navigators, care coordinators (trauma and stroke), hospital education, adjunct clinical faculty, quality improvement, risk management, and a variety of newly emerging roles. To better align students with the growing needs of interdisciplinary healthcare, students can choose from the variety of courses in any of the graduate programs on campus.
- Healthcare Leadership Roles for Systems Improvement
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Advanced Healthcare Policy
- Research Methods for Evidenced-Based Practice
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Concepts in Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis for classes until July 1.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Leadership View 511 other Masters in Leadership in United States
- Applicants should have RN and BS degrees. If the bachelor's degree is not in nursing, it may be necessary to take up to three bridge courses.
- Applicants for the Masters in Nursing Leadership Track must hold a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent). A quality point average of 3.0 or higher is preferred. RN applicants who have a non-nursing bachelor's degree will be considered on an individual basis and may be required to complete select prerequisites to be eligible for admission to the MSN program.
- A Completed Application for Graduate Admission Form
- A Non-refundable $65 Application Fee made payable to Fairfield University (paid by credit card if applying online)
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history.
- An Admission Essay
- Copy of current RN License to practice in the state of Connecticut.
International11716 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 36 months.
National11716 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.