- The mission of the Marshall University Counseling Program is to prepare aspiring Counselors to serve their communities and schools as ethical, competent, and culturally sensitive practitioners.
- Program graduates in the Clinical Mental Health Emphasis are eligible to apply for the Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) credential through the West Virginia Board of Examiners in Counseling when they complete post-graduate supervision and pass the National Counselor Exam (NCE) or the National Clinical Mental Health Counselor Exam (NCMHCE).
- Program graduates in the School Counseling Emphasis are eligible to apply for both the LPC-WV license through the West Virginia Board of Examiners in Counseling—when they complete post-graduate supervision and pass the National Counselor Exam, and the Pre-K—Adult School Counseling Certification through the West Virginia Department of Education upon graduation and by passing the PRAXIS II Professional School Counselor Examination.
- In addition to these two major areas of emphasis, we offer a five-course Graduate Certificate Program in Violence, Loss and Trauma Counseling, currently the state’s only graduate level initiative providing a sequential, specialized professional development opportunity for mental health professionals focusing on traumatology and trauma-informed mental health counseling.
The College of Education and Professional Development and the School Counseling Emphasis area are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the West Virginia State Department of Education.
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling emphasis areas are both accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Group Counseling and Techniques
- Counseling Techniques
- Clinical Mental Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling View 861 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Submit Your Application
- The application requires a $150 non-refundable application fee
- Official Transcripts and Evaluations: Official final bachelor’s degree transcript and degree certificate must be sent in the original language, accompanied by a certified English translation and contain ALL college or university academic credits and grades. The transcripts must be sent directly to the Marshall University Office of Admissions by the registrar or equivalent office at the institution that you attend.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Affidavit of Financial Support
International21162 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10581 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National21162 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10581 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4414 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Metro Residents: $7,786
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.