The Master of Science in civil engineering program couples research and academics, so you can climb the job ladder faster or pursue your doctorate for a career in academia. We seek to mold scholars who will advance engineering knowledge and improve the material conditions of humankind.
Our Master of Science in Civil Engineering focuses on three specialty areas: transportation and pavement materials; water resources and environmental engineering; and structural engineering. There are ample opportunities for you to specialize in these areas, or pursue an emphasis in hydraulics, engineering mechanics, coastal engineering, construction materials, environmental engineering, structures, and transportation engineering, all while utilizing our faculty and their expertise.
We are proud of our industry partnerships and faculty research, so you can participate in a number of research projects and activities that you can utilize for your thesis or independent study. We offer a 30-hour thesis track and 30-hour non-thesis track.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Environmental Engineering with Experimental Analysis
- Structural Mechanics
- Systems Design
- Highway Engineering
- Wastewater Treatment
- Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design
- Bridge Design
- Mechanics of Sediment Transport
- Dynamics and Matrix Analysis of Structures
- Structural Systems Design
- Plates and Shells
- Advanced Desigh of Steel Structures
- Foundation Design
- Computational Hydraulics
- Transportation Planning
- Traffic Flow Theory and Control
- Urban Infrastructure Systems
- Pavement Design and Management
- Water Quality Modeling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 365 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
To be eligible for graduate study at UL Lafayette, you must:
- have (or soon have) a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from a regionally accredited university.
- demonstrate English language proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) if you are an international applicant
- provide additional application materials (including GRE/GMAT) depending on the degree program to which you're applying
International1651 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1651 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1651 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1651 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State1631 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1631 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.