Our program is designed to provide students from around the world the following opportunities:
- An innovative curriculum that provides theoretical knowledge and skills necessary to become effective leaders in criminal and/or juvenile justice systems.
- Emphasis on Juvenile Justices that ensures you will be prepared to serve as leaders of reform within our juvenile justice system and/or work collaboratively toward prevention, intervention and rehabilitation of juvenile offenders.
- Skills to facilitate program development, implementation and assessment.
- Engaged learning.
- Collaboration with faculty and other stakeholders in the criminal and/or juvenile justice fields on academic and applied research projects in the community.
- Intensive study that prepares you for a wide range of administrative, management and leadership positions within public, private and non-profit criminal and/or juvenile justice agencies.
- Preparation for instructor level teaching positions.
- Preparation for doctoral studies.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Special Topics in Criminal Justice
- Seminar in Juvenile Prevention, Intervention and Rehabilitative Programs
- Seminar in Juvenile Justice
- Survey of theories and models of juvenile justice, significant empirical studies, contemporary issues and challenges within the juvenile justice system and juvenile justice processing.
- Seminar in Collaborative Models for Change in Juvenile Justice
- Seminar in Criminal Justice Administration and Operations
- Seminar in Theories of Crime and Delinquency
- Inequality, Crime and Justice
- Research Methods
- Program Assessment/Evaluation Research
- Directed Individual Studies
- Thesis Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesCriminology View 164 other Masters in Criminology in United States
To be eligible for graduate study at UL Lafayette, you must:
- have (or soon have) a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from a regionally accredited university.
- demonstrate English language proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) if you are an international applicant
- provide additional application materials (including GRE/GMAT) depending on the degree program to which you're applying
International1651 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1651 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1651 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1651 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State1631 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1631 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.