The Center for Advanced Computer Studies offers the master’s degree in computer science, which is the country’s first-ever Master of Science in Computer Science program. Since it was established in 1962, our master’s in computer science program has remained one of the best in the country. We’re ranked as one of the top 50 computer science programs in the U.S., and we are also in the top 50 for research and development funding.
Our master’s in computer science program at UL Lafayette is part of the reason South Louisiana is nicknamed “Silicon Bayou,” which is home to multiple high-tech companies that have partnered with the University and are located in our Research Park.
In our master’s in computer science program, you’ll get to work with our top-notch faculty and conduct cutting-edge research in bioinformatics, communications and networks, intelligent systems, software engineering, and more.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Computational Basis of Bioinformatics
- Computational Genomics
- Digital Signal Processing
- Image Processing
- Pattern Recognition
- Network Security
- Principles of Computer Communications and Networks
- Error-control Codes for Computer Systems
- Principles of Computer Graphics
- Cryptography and Data Security
- Digital Techniques in Telecommunications
- Lossless and Lossy Data Compression
- Principles of Artificial Intelligence
- Automated Reasoning
- Autonomous-Agent Architecture
- Computational Basis of Intelligence
- Computer-Control Based Robotics and Automation Systems
- Intelligent Machines: Theory, Design and Applications
- Cognitive Science I
- Cognitive Science II
- Principles of Computer Architecture
- Parallel Processing Organization
- Distributed Computing Systems
- Modeling and Performance Evaluation of Computer Systems
- Introduction to Data Parallel Algorithms and Architectures
- Embedded System Design
- Entertainment Computing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 36 other Masters in Human Computer Interaction in United States
To be eligible for graduate study at UL Lafayette, you must:
- have (or soon have) a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from a regionally accredited university.
- demonstrate English language proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) if you are an international applicant
- provide additional application materials (including GRE/GMAT) depending on the degree program to which you're applying
International1651 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1651 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1651 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1651 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State1631 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1631 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.